· Is a way of being church for families involving fun.
· Is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour
· Is Found across the world
· Values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration.
· Part of the Bible Reading Fellowship which believes, with the historic churches, in one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
At Dyce Parish Church we have Messy Church 6 times a year. We follow the Messy Church values of creativity, celebration and hospitality. Families are invited in at 4pm and encouraged to take part in the various activities that are set out. The activities are based around the over arching theme of the session, with craft, experiments and other fun ways to explore the theme.
Approximately half way through the 2-hour session we stop and tidy up these activities and come together to learn about the theme, to talk about how it is relevant in people’s lives today. We sing some songs and play some games. After which we say grace before sitting together to have a meal.
We see these Messy Church sessions as a way to reach out to families in the local area and help them to learn about God and Jesus in a fun, unintimidating way.